Over the last few years, we’ve seen a growing U.S. fanbase for Rittal Automation Systems, and particularly for the Perforex BC 1008 HS milling center. There are several reasons that system integrators and panel builders love this four-axis CNC machine: it’s fast, easy to use, accommodates nearly all compact and large enclosures, and is overall a cost-effective entry into automated component modification.
Now, we’re making the Perforex even better with the introduction of the Perforex MT 2201 milling terminal.
Meet the Perforex MT
Form, fit, and function, the Perforex MT delivers everything that our customers expect from the Perforex BC: fast and accurate hole-drilling, thread-tapping, and cut-outs in all machinable materials such as steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, and plastic. Just like the BC, the MT is designed to help accelerate enclosure modification processes, throughput times, and accuracy. But the Perforex MT comes with new functionality and features based on feedback we’ve received from customers. We believe these small improvements will lead to even more time savings, cost savings, and increased efficiency for Perforex users.
New and improved features
What improvements can you expect from the Perforex MT?
- Better Ergonomics. A pneumatically operated actuator button means less unnecessary movement for the machine operator, and we’ve increased the HMI size from 15” to 24”. We’ve also added a moving pendant arm option for the HMI, which opens up floor space .
- Easier Cleaning. We’ve added floor sealing around the machine to prevent metal shavings and dirt from accumulating in difficult-to-reach places. Hello, shorter cleaning times!
- Improved Safety Barrier. Our new safety barrier is 100% plexiglass for added transparency and extra strength.
- Reduced Downtime. An improved vacuum hose design and automatic chip reduction when drilling reduce the need to stop and clean the hose. Automatic tool change and integrated tool length measurement check for broken bits before they cause issues (and save the machine operator time). And we’ve replaced the brass x-axis pinion gear with steel, which helps reduce wear.
- Simpler Programming. The Perforex MT uses the same software as the BC, with user-friendly feature enhancements. While all required software is included (on as many computers as you need), the Perforex can also interface with EPLAN, which gives you access to an even larger part database.
The new Perforex MT design offers open access to the back of the machine. For applications that require the rear of the machine to be placed against a wall, the Perforex MT offers left or right side access.
Here at Rittal, an integral part of our process is collecting a constant flow of customer feedback and taking action on it to make our products better and better over time. While small product design tweaks here and there might not seem like a big deal, we know that for our customers they mean increased efficiency and profitability — and, at the end of the day, that’s what Rittal Automation Systems is all about.
Are you wondering if the Perforex MT might be the machine you need to automate your manual processes and take your business to the next level? Speak with a Perforex Specialist to discuss your unique needs and find out.